- IHOP celebrates its 8th Annual National Pancake Day Tuesday by offering guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes.
- The FBI rescued a 5-year-old boy and killed his captor after he held the boy captive inside a bunker in Alabama for nearly a week.
- Alain Robert, who climbs structures without safety equipment, celebrated his 27-story climb of Hotel Habana Libre by waving the Cuban flag and drinking Champagne.
- The U.N. said after nearly two years of civil war, Syria may see a spike in the number of citizens who need urgent medical care.
- The first all-girl rock band in Indian Kashmir will no longer perform after a top Muslim cleric criticized the group and called for it to disband.
Crash investigators in Colombia are analyzing data on flight recorders from the charter plane that went down killing 71. That and more in 90 seconds.