With the 2021-2022 school year steadily approaching, and COVID-19 restrictions still in place, it’s important to stay on top of critical dates and other information to help keep children safe in school.
See below for school openings within your county.
Tuesday, Aug. 10 is the first day for students of Alachua County Public Schools.
The district is still currently constructing a settled COVID-19 prevention plan for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Due to the delta and other variants of the COVID-19 virus, Alachua County Public Schools has decided to reinstate a mask mandate beginning Tuesday.
The mandate will stay in place through Sept. 17, when the district will reevaluate case numbers and vaccination rates.
To encourage more employees to get the vaccine, the district is also working on an agreement with the Alachua County Education Association to offer $100 to all employees who are currently vaccinated as well as those who get their shot by Sept. 17.
Furthermore, for unvaccinated employees who have to be out of work due to COVID-19, the time off will now come from their own leave time.
The state is choosing not to renew its approval of school districts’ alternative learning models, like ACPS’ Digital Academy, so families who still want an online option are encouraged to look into the Alachua eSchool.
Click here to find bus routes, school supply lists, enrollment/registration information and more.
When does my county start?
- Bradford County: Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Citrus County: Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Columbia County: Wednesday, Aug. 11
- Dixie County: Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Gilchrist County: Monday, Aug. 16
- Hernando County: Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Levy County: Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Marion County: Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Putnam County: Tuesday, Aug. 17
- Suwannee County: Tuesday, Aug. 10
- Union County: Monday, Aug. 23