Resilient Cedar Key flooding vulnerability map
A new tool is available to help residents of Cedar Key prepare for flooding events. A grant from the Resilient Florida program funded the online program that allows users to explore flood vulnerability maps on and around Cedar Key.
Savanna Barry is a Florida Sea Grant extension agent who specializes in coastal ecosystems. She says the interactive maps show flood risks for sea level rise as well as storm or tide events. But the Resilient Cedar Key effort also includes information on how residents can prepare for possible flooding.
Barry says the Florida Institute for Built Environment Resilience at UF created the flood risk tool. You can explore the interactive tool here: https://resilientcedarkey.web.app/
Resilient Cedar Key Partners:
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- City of Cedar Key
- UF Florida Institute for Built Environment Resilience
- UF Center for Landscape Conservation and Planning
- UF Shimberg Center for Housing Studies
- Florida Sea Grant
- UF IFAS Nature Coast Biological Station
- UF IFAS Food and Resource Economics Department