You live here, and there are issues in your community that you often wonder about.
Maybe it’s something you’ve seen driving around town. A curiosity your neighbor mentioned once. An uncovered or undercovered story never told by the local media.
At WUFT News, we want to hear from you. Each week we publish dozens of stories about communities from Gainesville to Ocala, Citrus County to Starke and just about everywhere in between. Those stories come from our newsroom’s curiosities, official announcements, and government decisions.
But we don’t often hear from you, and we want that to change. This is your station, and with your help, we’ll tell the stories you’re most curious about.
Here’s how it works:
Of course, you don’t have to help report the story. If you have an idea of who we should talk to, that’s as much help as we can ask.
What do you wonder?
Your questions, our answers:
• From anonymous: Paynes Prairie has been without a manager since the retirement of the David Jowers. Rumor has it that it is because of community opposition to Gov. Rick Scott. True?
• From anonymous: What’s the deal with Plum Creek? I know it’s a “controversial issue,” but I don’t understand the controversy. Can you break it down for us? Yes, yes we did.
• From Pete Turner: How is panhandling regulated in Alachua County?
• From Virginia Dolder: Could community service announcements be established about how to use the roundabouts?
• From Karen Honess: When will an Aldi grocery store open in Gainesville?
• From Raichel White: What are those blue lights for on top of the traffic signals?
• From Timothy O’Malley: Who tracks the money designated for education from lottery ticket sales?
Help us out