- Gainesville residents honored the 45th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. with its sixth annual prayer breakfast. It focused on the last moments of his life and featured a documentary.
- An Ocala man has been indicted by a grand jury in the murders of two employees of Vacation Host Inn. Kevin Lee Coleman, 37, was arrested in March in connection to the murders.
- A Texas man is in critical condition after his home exploded. After neighbors saw him running from the home in flames, they put him out with their clothes.
- NBC officials have announced Jimmy Fallon will replace Jay Leno as the host of “The Tonight Show.” The network is in the process of finding someone to replace Fallon on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.”
- Japan has announced it will create a more aggressive policy in order to combat deflation problems. The country’s prime minister has said deflation is a top priority.
A nightclub shooting in Fort Myers has left 17 injured and two dead. That and more in 90 seconds.