- President Barack Obama will travel to Mexico on Thursday to discuss immigration and trade with Mexico’s president. Mexico is the United States’ third-largest trading partner.
- The Food and Drug Administration has approved the Plan B One-Step morning-after contraception pill for women 15 years and older without a prescription. The product will be available in retail outlets with an on-site pharmacy.
- Seven years after voters banned gay marriage in a Colorado state constitution, civil unions are now legal in the state. Many couples gathered Tuesday night in anticipation of the law’s passage.
- Today, 100 prisoners remain on hunger strike at the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay. The prisoners’ lawyers say the prisoners are protesting being detained for years — in most cases, without being charged. President Obama is again saying he wants to close the facility.
- A family in Wisconsin found what historians say is an underground nuclear fallout shelter while preparing their garden for spring. Inside the shelter, the Zwick family found enough supplies to last about two weeks, including cereal, crackers and instant milk. The Neenah Historical Society estimates the shelter was built around 1950, during the height of the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union.
Tags Barack Obama
A nightclub shooting in Fort Myers has left 17 injured and two dead. That and more in 90 seconds.