- Scientists are determing if a meteorite landing in Russia that injured about 1,000 people is related to today’s close passing of an asteroid in space.
- Burned remains in a California cabin have been positively identified as those of former Los Angles Police officer Christopher Dorner, who is suspected of killing four people. Dorner was killed in a shootout with deputies.
- Smoking synthetic marijuana may cause acute kidney injury.
- Student loan debt is higher than ever, and people delinquent in their payments can expect higher interest rates on everything from car loans to mortgages.
- The Carnival cruise ship adrift for five days without power is now docked in Alabama. The ship’s 3,000 passengers will get full refunds, discounts on future cruises and $500 in additional compensation.
Feb. 15, 2013: Afternoon News In 90By Erik Ugartachea