- Shark attacks reached a record high in 2012, according to a new report by the University of Florida.
- An inmate who was being transported to Las Vegas stabbed a Miami-Dade police officer and escaped at a stop in Texas.
- A student at the University of Maryland, College Park allegedly opened fire on his two roommates, killing one, before taking his own life.
- Six retailers in France are recalling potentially mislabeled meat products that could contain horsemeat instead of processed meat.
- Citizens in South Korea are having mixed reactions to a third nuclear test in North Korea.
The National Park Services is looking into an illegally placed banner on the Statue of Liberty reading "Refugees Welcome". That and more in 90 seconds.