On Monday, Nov. 2, the Alachua County Library District will expand browsing hours to each of its 12 locations.
Expanded browsing hours launched by the Library District on Monday will begin at a limited capacity as follows:
Headquarters Library and Millhopper, Tower Road, and Alachua branches: Monday, Friday, and Saturday 2-5 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 2-7 p.m.
Cone Park, Hawthorne, High Springs, Library Partnership, and Newberry branches:Monday-Saturday 2-5 p.m.
- Archer, Micanopy, and Waldo branches: Tuesday-Saturday 2-5 p.m.
Patrons are asked to reserve the 2-3 p.m. browsing hour for high-risk communitymembers
Masks and social distancing are required at all times inside the building. Additionally, a brief health screening including a touchless temperature check is required prior to entering the building.
Available services during these browsing hours include:
- Checking out items, picking up holds, applying for a new library card, and renewing a library card
- Computer sessions by appointment or walk-up, based on availability
- Copier and scanner use
- Reference services
Services that will not be available during browsing hours include:
- Meetings, study rooms, and Quiet Reading rooms
- One-on-one computer assistance
- Inside returns (all returns must be made using the exterior book drops)