- Tuesday is the mayoral election runoff between incumbent Craig Lowe and Ed Braddy. Early voting ended Sunday.
- Gas prices decreased by six cents last week. Prices are expected to keep dropping this week.
- On Friday, Gov. Rick Scott honored Tim Tebow as a “Great Floridian.” The award has gone to people who have made significant contributions to progress in the state.
- A shooting this weekend at a North Carolina university campus is being investigated. The victim was hospitalized and has been released. No arrests have been made so far.
- Nicolas Maduro, the handpicked successor of Hugo Chavez, won the presidential election in Venezuela on Sunday.
Gainesville Regional Utilities continues to work on restoring power after Hurricane Irma. That and more in 90 seconds.