How to Enter
- Sustaining Members are automatically entered.
- Upgrade your Sustainer Membership to receive an additional entry.
- Become a New Member.
- The University of Florida Foundation “WUFT” is the organization sponsoring this raffle. The University of Florida Foundation’s principal place of business is 1938 West University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32603.
- The prizes to be awarded have been donated to the University of Florida Foundation “WUFT.” No cash prizes will be awarded, and no University of Florida Foundation “WUFT” funds have been used to purchase any of the prizes to be awarded (if applicable).
- The prize(s) to be awarded are:
- Two (2) tickets to the 20th Anniversary live show of Wait Wait..Don’t Tell Me! scheduled to take place on October 25, 2018, at the Chicago Theatre in Chicago, IL (the “Anniversary Show”)
- Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) people from an airport within reasonable proximity to a United States location reasonably requested by WUFT (as determined by NPR in its sole discretion) to Chicago, IL in order to attend the Anniversary Show; and
- Two (2) nights standard, double occupancy hotel accommodations in or around Chicago, IL (at a hotel selected by NPR in its sole discretion) for October 24-25, 2018.
- The winner(s) will be selected by drawing and the prize(s) will be awarded on September 26th, 2018 at 5:00pm (EST). The drawing will be held at WUFT Studios at the College of Journalism and Communications, 1185 Stadium Road, Gainesville, FL 32611.
- No purchase or contribution is necessary to acquire a ticket to participate in the raffle. WUFT suggests a minimum donation in the amount of $60 to participate in the raffle or event. Hand-print name, address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP code, phone number, and the words “Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me! Giveaway” on a 3″ x 5″ card, and mail it in a stamped #10 envelope to: WUFT, “Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me! Alternate Means of Entry,” P.O. Box 118405, Gainesville, FL 32611.
- This raffle will be conducted in accordance with the requirements set forth in Section 849.0935 of the Florida Statutes.
- A payment for a raffle ticket does not qualify as a charitable contribution and is not tax deductible.
- University of Florida Foundation “WUFT” staff members and their family members are not eligible to win.
The value of the prize received by the winner in a raffle is included in the winner’s gross income. Raffle winnings of more than $5,000 are subject to withholding.