Subscribe to The Point to invite us into your inbox with the most important Florida news from Monday through Friday at 8 a.m.
The top stories near you
• News Service of Florida: Florida Toll Road Debate Continues To Flare As Session Nears
• Ocala Star-Banner ($): Ocala city charter review process underway
• The Alligator: UF welcomes new director of LGBTQ+ affairs
• The Alligator: See a fire on UF’s campus? Don’t be alarmed by it.
• Gainesville Sun ($): The Historic Mount Carmel Baptist Church rehabilitation is on the table
• Gainesville Downtown: Prum’s Kitchen Brings Savory Flavors of Cambodian Cuisine to Gainesville
Today’s sponsored message
There’s no denying the importance of a good education.
Millhopper Montessori is one of only two area private schools accredited by FCIS, due in part to our highly-credentialed teachers and STEAM-enhanced curriculum. Millhopper’s unique methods allow each preschool through middle school student to explore and learn, all in a safe and secure environment. Millhopper students develop into poised, compassionate and creative leaders who are prepared for the next level. Call 352-375-6773 or visit millhopper.com today to schedule your tour.
Around the state today
• NPR News: Republican Sen. Rick Scott On Iran And Iraq
• Fort Myers News-Press ($): Florida sets new record for manatee boat kills, Lee County leads state
• Tallahassee Democrat ($): Teachers to ‘Take on Tallahassee’ with a march on the Capitol on eve of 2020 Florida session
• Florida Politics: Aaron Bean, Jason Fischer target organ transplant discrimination with new bills
• Sun Sentinel ($): South Florida city plans to treat drinking water
• Bradenton Herald ($): Manatee leaders say they have ‘Big Plan’ to make students better readers
From NPR News
• National: U.S. Army Alert: You Are Not Being Drafted