Subscribe to The Point to invite us into your inbox with the most important Florida news from Monday through Friday at 8 a.m.
Today’s top Florida stories
• All Marlene Oliver knows for sure is it’s best to try to “love thy neighbor.” Recently, the Honduran immigrant who lives in Jonesville has wavered on her allegiance to President Donald Trump; while she grapples, she delivers Bible verses to students on the University of Florida campus. (WUFT News)
• Pensacola News Journal ($): Florida moves forward with CBD regulations that went into effect Jan. 1
• Florida Politics: Mike Pence coming to Wimauma, Kissimmee for reelection campaign rallies
• Politico: Bloomberg bets early — and big — on Florida
• Tampa Bay Times ($): No O.J. for you! Florida’s welcome centers aren’t so welcoming without free juice
• TCPalm ($): Florida panther road kills, overall deaths down in 2019
• Florida Times-Union ($): JEA board will meet Tuesday about terms of Zahn dismissal
• Sarasota Herald-Tribune ($): Locals to push for Sarasota County LGBTQ anti-discrimination ordinance
• Palm Beach Post ($): First lady named Woman of Distinction
Today’s sponsored message
There’s no denying the importance of a good education.
Millhopper Montessori is one of only two area private schools accredited by FCIS, due in part to our highly-credentialed teachers and STEAM-enhanced curriculum. Millhopper’s unique methods allow each preschool through middle school student to explore and learn, all in a safe and secure environment. Millhopper students develop into poised, compassionate and creative leaders who are prepared for the next level. Call 352-375-6773 or visit millhopper.com today to schedule your tour.