Subscribe to The Point, arriving in your inbox Monday through Friday at 8 a.m.
Today’s top Florida stories
• News Service of Florida: Presidency Not The Only Big Vote Facing Floridians
• Ocala Star-Banner: UF Health Shands continues buying Ocala property
• The Alligator: Gainesville, UF react to death of top Iranian general in strike
• Palm Beach Post: Trump, GOP slam NFL player protests — and rake in millions from owners
• Florida Politics: No. 1 on the list of Florida Politicians of the Decade: Rick Scott
• Florida Times-Union: 1 dead following Jacksonville officer-involved shooting
• Tallahassee Democrat: Will Florida Republican Party HQ leave Tallahassee and head south after 2020?
• NPR News: Evangelicals Rally For Trump In Miami
Today’s sponsored message
There’s no denying the importance of a good education.
Millhopper Montessori is one of only two area private schools accredited by FCIS, due in part to our highly-credentialed teachers and STEAM-enhanced curriculum. Millhopper’s unique methods allow each preschool through middle school student to explore and learn, all in a safe and secure environment. Millhopper students develop into poised, compassionate and creative leaders who are prepared for the next level. Call 352-375-6773 or visit millhopper.com today to schedule your tour.
From NPR News
• Art & Design: How Do You Move 100+ Monet Masterpieces? Very, Very Carefully
About today’s curator
I’m Ethan Magoc, a news editor at WUFT. Originally from Pennsylvania, I’ve found a home telling Florida stories. I’m part of a team searching each morning for local and state stories that are important to you; please send feedback about today’s edition or ideas for stories we may have missed to firstname.lastname@example.org.