Jan. 20 marked President Donald Trump’s first year in office.
It also marked the first government shutdown since 2013. While Trump has signed major legislation like tax reform into law, appointed a new Supreme Court justice and slashed Obama-era regulations, his first-year approval numbers are the lowest of any modern president.
WUFT News sat down with five Gainesville-area voters who voted for him to ask them what they thought of the president’s first year.
The panel includes the following:
- Sherrie McKnight, co-owner of Big Daddy Guns
- Ron Thornton, a retired UF faculty member and part-time technology and political consultant
- Hugh wise, a retired Oak Hammock resident
- Tammy Prince, a nurse practitioner and chairwoman of the Alachua County Republican Party
- Alex Nunner, a UF graduate student and former chairman of the UF College Republicans