Authorities say more than two dozen kids attending a science competition in north Florida fell ill and were taken to the hospital after eating a catered lunch.
The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office said on its Facebook page that 28 children and 2 adults were taken on Saturday to hospitals due to suspected food poisoning.
Authorities say people fell ill at Florida Gateway College in Lake City at a middle school Science Olympiad was being held.
The Florida Department of Health is investigating.
Mark Lander of the health department told reporters that the affected people should recover quickly.