Gainesville is set to select its next city manager next week.
City commissioners will interview the six finalists on Tuesday at 10 a.m. in the City Hall Auditorium on the first floor of the building at 200 E. University Ave.
The six candidates are:
- Kevin Cowper, assistant city manager, Auburn, Alabama
- Anthony Lyons, interim city manager, Gainesville, Florida
- J.J. Murphy, city manager, Hobbs, New Mexico
- Rosylen Oglesby, assistant city manager, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Anthony O’Rourke, city manager, Yakima, Washington
- Patrick Salerno, former city manager, Coral Gables, Florida
The interviews are open to the public but will not be aired live on Community 12TV. They will be available online, though, on Wednesday starting at 9 a.m.
All interviews will be held the same day. Information about each candidate and the interview schedule are available are available online.
A community reception for the candidates, which is also open to the public, will be held on Tuesday, April 19, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Thelma Boltin Center at 516 NE Second Ave.
City commissioners will make their decision during the City Commission meeting on Thursday, April 21, at 1 p.m.