- Investigators are still searching for the man who attacked a woman in the Campus Lodge Apartments parking lot.
- Gainesville and Alachua County leaders have shared their plans to keep police officers and deputies at elementary schools for the next year.
- A central Minnesota school district that was the site of a school shooting in 2003 is the first in the state to start using bulletproof white boards.
- A man suspected of shooting his stepfather, a Washington, D.C., police officer, on Monday has turned himself in.
- Federal investigators talked to the parents of the accused Boston bombers in Russia Wednesday morning.
- In Boston, Vice President Joe Biden attended the memorial service of the MIT police officer shot by one of the Boston bombing suspects.
Gainesville Regional Utilities continues to work on restoring power after Hurricane Irma. That and more in 90 seconds.