- More Gainesville residents participated in early voting for the mayoral run-off election than during the first mayoral election in March. Polls close at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
- Carnival Corp. has announced it will voluntarily pay the government back the $4.1 million dollars needed to assist two of the company’s disabled ships.
- Tuesday marks the six-year anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings that left 32 people dead. Family and friends will meet outside of the U.S. Capitol to remember the victims.
- Countries across the globe are offering their condolences after the Boston Marathon explosions that left three dead. A makeshift memorial was built outside of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow.
- In the largest campaign to date, hundreds of experts have set up cameras in the forest of southern Nepal to help identify the area’s tiger population.
Gainesville Regional Utilities continues to work on restoring power after Hurricane Irma. That and more in 90 seconds.