- Gainesville police are investigating an armed burglary and sexual battery at a home in the 400 block of Southwest 10th Street that occurred around 4 a.m. Monday. After sexually assaulting the female resident, the burglar took two MacBook Pros, an iPhone and other personal items.
- United Way is hosting a tax giveaway event during its free tax preparation for low-income families. The event will be held at the United Way office at 6031 NW First Place from 6-9 p.m. Monday.
- A Port Canaveral police officer, Sgt. Ron King, has been fired after supervisors found he made shooting targets resembling Trayvon Martin. King also served as a firearms instructor with the police department.
- A new study reveals doctors are prescribing antibiotics to four out of five Americans every year. Antibiotics are being overused and losing their strength, making infections harder to treat.
- Due to increasing nuclear tensions with North Korea, 200 U.S. and Philippine Marines staged a joint simulated raid on a beach in the South China Sea on Monday.
Afternoon News in 90: April 15, 2013By Shaneece Dixon
[jwplayer config=”News-video” file=”wuftnews/20130415videoupdate2.mp4″ html5_file=”http://fms01.jou.ufl.edu/wuftnews/20130415videoupdate2.mp4″ image=http://www.wuft.org/videoupdates/files/2012/10/WUFT-Generic-Logo_final-854×480.png]