- Gainesville Police arrested Rudolph Van Smith in connection with a house burglary.
- Florida agriculture officials met in Gainesville on Wednesday to review the progress made to eradicate the giant African land snail from Miami-Dade County. The snail eats 500 types of plants and causes structural damage to plaster and stucco.
- President Obama sent his 2014 federal budget to Congress on Wednesday. The plan includes cuts to Social Security and Medicare and tax increases for the wealthy.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell asked the FBI to investigate who made a secret recording of a February strategy session at his campaign headquarters.
- South Korea’s government said a North Korean missile launch is highly likely. It’s believed that North Korea will launch the missile on April 15, marking North Korean founder Kim Il Sung’s birthday.
April 10, 2013: Afternoon News In 90By Grier Ferguson
[jwplayer config=”News-video” file=”wuftnews/20130410videoupdate2.mp4″ html5_file=”http://fms01.jou.ufl.edu/wuftnews/20130410videoupdate2.mp4″ image=http://www.wuft.org/videoupdates/files/2012/10/WUFT-Generic-Logo_final-854×480.png]