- No More Homeless Pets, a Gainesville nonprofit animal clinic, is approaching its 15,000th surgery. The clinic has offered discounted spaying and neutering since 2009.
- A Gainesville man was shot in the head Tuesday from about two feet away during an argument. Dominic Gillins was charged with attempted murder.
- Samoa Air, which has been using its weight-based pricing model since November 2012, is charging its passengers by weight for international flights.
- Pope Francis commented on the role of women in the Catholic Church Wednesday.
- About 480 students were hospitalized following a massive outbreak of food poisoning in Cairo.
The National Park Services is looking into an illegally placed banner on the Statue of Liberty reading "Refugees Welcome". That and more in 90 seconds.