- Dunnellon resident Michelle Bedillion has been charged with domestic aggravated battery and arson for attacking her husband with household items and using cooking oil to light a house fire, investigators said.
- Gainesville Mayor, Craig Lowe, made his first campaign appearance Monday since being arrested for suspicion of DUI. Lowe and his opponent, Ed Braddy, debated on a number of topics during the African American Accountability Alliance forum.
- The small town of Nelson, Ga., is requiring each household to own a gun and ammunition, unless residents don’t want to. City council members hope the ordinance will prevent crime.
- North Korea restarted a nuclear reactor that could create nuclear fuel for weapons, causing the United States to send a destroyer to North Korea as a precautionary measure.
- Jury selection in the wrongful death case of Michael Jackson begins Tuesday. Jackson’s mother is suing AEG Live for negligence, saying the company pushed Jackson too hard.
Vice President Mike Pence addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland last night. That and more in 90 seconds.