- St.Francis House is in need of donated breakfast items and bath towels.
- Nearly 100 vehicles were involved in an interstate pileup by the Virginia-North Carolina state line, resulting in three deaths Sunday. Police attributed thick fog as a cause for the string of accidents.
- A New Jersey man who won the Powerball jackpot of $338 million promised to pay his neighbors’ rent for a month or two.
- The death toll from a collapsed building in Tanzania rises to 34 as rescue workers remove more bodies from the rubble.
- A Japanese official states his nation’s readiness for attack from North Korea as Japan allies with South Korea. North Korea has announced its “state of war” with South Korea.
Three people died in a crash involving a cement mixer in Sarasota. That and more in 90 seconds.