- The Wildland Task Force of Marion County is continuing its voluntary burn ban. The task force said the weekend’s dry and windy weather conditions will increase the risk of rapid fire growth.
- The Spirit of Faith Christian Center hopes to purchase Dove World Outreach Center’s 20-acre property. Spirit of Faith currently holds services at the University of Florida’s Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
- South Florida co-workers are sharing their million-dollar jackpot winnings with a co-worker who has an autistic son, even though she did not participate in the lottery pool.
- The U.S. Supreme Court will continue to consider gay rights laws during hearings.
- Cypress banks have reopened after a near-meltdown forced them to close for almost two weeks. The country had to accept a European Union rescue package in order to not collapse.
Mar. 28, 2013: Afternoon News In 90By Jaclyn Raulerson
[jwplayer config=”News-video” file=”wuftnews/20130328videoupdate2.mp4″ html5_file=”http://fms01.jou.ufl.edu/wuftnews/20130328videoupdate2.mp4″ image=<ahref=”http://www.wuft.org/videoupdates/files/2012/10/WUFT-Generic-Logo_final-854×480.png</a>]