- University of Florida Neurologist Dr. Michael Okun has written a book, titled “Parkinson’s Treatment: 10 Secrets to a Happier Life.” Okun’s goal is to reach everyone facing the disease.
- Florida Gulf Coast University students camped out in front of the school’s ticket office Tuesday to get a ticket to the Sweet Sixteen game against the University of Florida this Friday. FGCU is the first 15-seed team ever to advance to the third level of the NCAA tournament.
- North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple has signed three bills restricting abortion in his state. The laws are set to go into effect in August.
- After two weeks of closures, Cyprus banks remain closed in an effort to stop depositors from quickly draining their accounts. Cyprus will have to raise more than $7 billion to receive an international bailout.
- A fossilized egg from the extinct Elephant Bird will be for sale next month in London. The egg is 120 times the size of a normal chicken egg.
A police officer who shot an autistic man's caretaker who had his hands up during a miscommunication in July was charged with attempted manslaughter. That and more in 90 seconds.