- Gainesville gas prices fell four cents last week and are expected to drop another three to five cents by Easter Sunday.
- A wildfire in Fort Pierce, Fla., that forced thousands out of their homes Sunday evening is now about 90 percent contained. Roughly 100 homes are still without power as of this morning.
- South Korea and the United States signed a joint military operation plan in South Korea on Friday. The plan would allow U.S. troops to take action against North Korea.
- Pope Francis led his first Palm Sunday Mass at the Vatican, marking the beginning of Holy Week. During the Mass, he broke away from the text and encouraged the faithful to lead simple lives.
- Kali, an orphaned polar bear cub from Alaska, is getting a new home at the Buffalo Zoo in New York some time this spring, according to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials. The Saint Louis Zoo in Missouri is being considered for the cub’s permanent home.
March 25, 2013: Morning News In 90By Fernanda Ponce
[jwplayer config=”News-video” file=”wuftnews/20130325videoupdate1.mp4″ html5_file=”http://fms01.jou.ufl.edu/wuftnews/20130325videoupdate1.mp4″ image=http://www.wuft.org/videoupdates/files/2012/10/WUFT-Generic-Logo_final-854×480.png]