- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe was charged with DUI after crashing his car Thursday morning.
- Eight Gainesville students will participate in a mentoring program called HackerHouse.
- A team in the Atlantic Ocean believes it has found the engines of Apollo 11, the first rocket that landed on the moon.
- A manhunt is underway in Colorado after the director of the Department of Corrections was shot and killed at his front door.
- About 150 protesters demonstrated near the Palestinian presidential compound while President Obama was meeting with President Mahmoud Abbas.
A police officer who shot an autistic man's caretaker who had his hands up during a miscommunication in July was charged with attempted manslaughter. That and more in 90 seconds.