- Polls will remain open until 7 p.m. today for those voting in the Gainesville city elections.
- Sears Holdings Corp. has selected Gainesville to establish its first “Center of Excellence” and plans to take on 25 University of Florida engineering students as interns.
- Ross Allen Island closed Monday after 85 years of entertainment, leaving most of the 200 park employees jobless.
- Pope Francis officially began his papacy Tuesday in an installation Mass. About 200,000 people packed St. Peter’s Square for the ceremony.
- The annual White House Easter Egg Roll may be canceled due to budget cuts.
The University of Florida continues to implement safety measures ahead of Richard Spencer talk, state of emergency declared. That and more in 90 seconds.