- Polls will remain open until 7 p.m. today for those voting in the Gainesville city elections.
- Sears Holdings Corp. has selected Gainesville to establish its first “Center of Excellence” and plans to take on 25 University of Florida engineering students as interns.
- Ross Allen Island closed Monday after 85 years of entertainment, leaving most of the 200 park employees jobless.
- Pope Francis officially began his papacy Tuesday in an installation Mass. About 200,000 people packed St. Peter’s Square for the ceremony.
- The annual White House Easter Egg Roll may be canceled due to budget cuts.
A police officer who shot an autistic man's caretaker who had his hands up during a miscommunication in July was charged with attempted manslaughter. That and more in 90 seconds.