- In this year’s US News and World Report rankings, UF College of Medicine rose three spots to No. 45 overall and to No. 22 among public schools. The Hough Graduate School of Business improved by four places among public schools, now ranking No. 15.
- On Tuesday, Marion County Sherrif’s Office deputies arrested a man, accused of murdering two hotel employees. Kelvin Lee Coleman is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- James Stevens, 81, shot 28-year-old Lonnie Hollingsworth Jr. when Hollingsworth, who was unarmed, approached Stevens’ car and tried to rob him, Marion County investigators said. No decision about filing self-defense charges has been made, they said.
- For the first time in years, Senate democrats are releasing their own spending plans, which call for $1 trillion in revenue by closing tax loopholes and about $1 trillion in spending cuts but no structural changes to Medicare.
- On Tuesday, Mitch Seavey became the oldest man to win the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. Last year, his son, Dallas Seavey, became the youngest to win, at 25 years old.
A police officer who shot an autistic man's caretaker who had his hands up during a miscommunication in July was charged with attempted manslaughter. That and more in 90 seconds.