- Seventeen firefighters responded to a Millhopper Road house fire that destroyed the house’s roof. There were no reported injuries.
- The local Tax Collector’s Office is now responsible for distributing driver’s licenses.
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury made nearly $490 million after selling some of its remaining General Motors stock.
- Activists from across the globe are protesting outside of the Vatican today and calling for the Catholic Church to allow female priests.
- Nearly 150,000 workers, racers and fans are expected to gather this week at the Auto Plus Raceway for Gatornationals, which starts Thursday and ends Sunday.
A police officer who shot an autistic man's caretaker who had his hands up during a miscommunication in July was charged with attempted manslaughter. That and more in 90 seconds.