- A candlelight vigil is planned for Tuesday night, the 12th anniversary of Gainesville police officer Scott Baird’s death.
- Shands at the University of Florida is constructing a short-term guesthouse for friends and family of patients to open next year.
- An inmate who was being transported to Las Vegas stabbed a Miami-Dade police officer and escaped during a stop in Texas.
- North Korea says its nuclear tests were a reaction to the U.S. undermining its right to launch peaceful satellites.
- Two Buchholz High School seniors have been named Florida’s winners of the Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement, which recognizes achievement in math and science.
A police officer who shot an autistic man's caretaker who had his hands up during a miscommunication in July was charged with attempted manslaughter. That and more in 90 seconds.