- The Florida Senate Transportation Committee passed a bill Wednesday that would ban texting while driving, making it a secondary offense.
- Homeless advocates are asking that donations left at Bo Diddley Community Plaza in Gainesville be rerouted because items left for the needy that aren’t used end up in the trash.
- A snow storm in the Northeast has residents bracing for several feet of snow.
- French troops have destroyed large quantities of munitions left by Islamist militants in Mali.
- Tens of millions of people in China are making their ways back to their hometowns. More than 200 million trips are expected to be made during the 40-day Lunar New Year rush.
The possible human remains of Taylor Rose Williams were found in an Alabama county. The child's mother has been arrested. That and more in 90 seconds.