- Two Gainesville men, Edel Gomez and Yuneski Perdomo, were arrested and have been charged with fradulent credit card use.
- Santa Fe College is hosting “Pathways to Freedom,” an exhibit featuring more than 2,000 artifacts, a series of historical timelines and military history. Today is the final day of the exhibit.
- A California teacher has been sentenced to probation for having sex with her 17-year-old former student. Kelly Watson, 34, is now pregnant with the teen’s baby and is due in April.
- French forces are beginning to pull out of the historic Mali city of Timbuktu after entering the city late last month.
- Iran is claiming it has decoded a U.S. drone that was captured in 2011. It has released aerial footage of an airport and a city said in Afghanistan. Iran also claims that it has managed to reverse-engineer the drone and is capable of launching its own line of the unmanned aircraft.
Gainesville Regional Utilities continues to work on restoring power after Hurricane Irma. That and more in 90 seconds.