- Two Gainesville men, Edel Gomez and Yuneski Perdomo, were arrested and have been charged with fradulent credit card use.
- Santa Fe College is hosting “Pathways to Freedom,” an exhibit featuring more than 2,000 artifacts, a series of historical timelines and military history. Today is the final day of the exhibit.
- A California teacher has been sentenced to probation for having sex with her 17-year-old former student. Kelly Watson, 34, is now pregnant with the teen’s baby and is due in April.
- French forces are beginning to pull out of the historic Mali city of Timbuktu after entering the city late last month.
- Iran is claiming it has decoded a U.S. drone that was captured in 2011. It has released aerial footage of an airport and a city said in Afghanistan. Iran also claims that it has managed to reverse-engineer the drone and is capable of launching its own line of the unmanned aircraft.
A military helicopter made an unexpected but safe landing on the lawn of an elementary school. That and more in 90 seconds.