- Ocala and Marion counties officials approved an incentives package for FedEx for more than $3 million. The company wants to construct a hub facility that would be completed in 2016.
- Progress Energy will be closing its Crystal River nuclear power plant. Final decontamination and dismantling could take up to 40 to 60 years.
- The Gainesville band, Sister Hazel, performed on the inaugural episode of a new University of Florida radio show, The Conversation, in the College of Journalism and Communications.
- Attendance at the University of Florida’s Career Showcase broke records on Feb. 5. Students will see an 8 percent increase in employers at the Technical Day Feb. 6.
- The Pentagon is expected to make a formal announcement on extending benefits to same-sex partners of service members. Benefits could include some health and welfare programs.
Feb. 6, 2013: Afternoon News In 90By Grier Ferguson
[jwplayer config=”News-video” file=”wuftnews/20130206videoupdate2.mov” html5_file=”http://fms01.jou.ufl.edu/wuftnews/20130206videoupdate2.mov” image=”http://www.wuft.org/videoupdates/files/2012/10/WUFT-Generic-Logo_final-854×480.png”]