- IHOP celebrates its 8th Annual National Pancake Day Tuesday by offering guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes.
- The FBI rescued a 5-year-old boy and killed his captor after he held the boy captive inside a bunker in Alabama for nearly a week.
- Alain Robert, who climbs structures without safety equipment, celebrated his 27-story climb of Hotel Habana Libre by waving the Cuban flag and drinking Champagne.
- The U.N. said after nearly two years of civil war, Syria may see a spike in the number of citizens who need urgent medical care.
- The first all-girl rock band in Indian Kashmir will no longer perform after a top Muslim cleric criticized the group and called for it to disband.
The first day of public hearings in the impeachment inquiry of President Trump revealed an apparent second follow-up phone call. That and more in 90 seconds.