- The abandoned Gainesville Police Department headquarters is being demolished for reconstruction.
- A 21-year-old gainesville resident has been arrested for destroying his mother’s television. Police said Timothy Javon Jordan did so to get the copper wire out of it.
- A woman at a South Florida medical clinic accidentally discharged pepper spray from her purse and caused 16 people to be treated for respiratory problems.
- The U.S. Senate will vote Thursday on a House-passed bill to raise the debt ceiling.
- Russia condemned Israel’s airstrike in Syria on Thursday .
A University of Florida professor took his work home --- some tongues and thyroid tissue. That and more in 90 seconds.