Home / Animals / Marion county horse out of Triple Crown chase

Marion county horse out of Triple Crown chase

By

The thoroughbred racehorse I’ll Have Another has dropped out of the Belmont Stakes this weekend. His trainer said earlier today he has the start of some tendonitis in the left front leg. The Ocala Breeders’ Sales Company sold I’ll Have Another earlier in 2011.  WUFT-FM’s Emily Burris spoke with company spokesman Jay Friedman about what this means for the horse and those who were supporting him in Marion County.

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

 

 

About Ethan Magoc

Ethan is a journalist at WUFT News. He's a Pennsylvania native who found a home reporting Florida's stories. Reach him by emailing emagoc@wuft.org or calling 352-294-1525.

Check Also

Shark Attacks Drop In 2016 After Record-Breaking 2015

The International Shark Attack File at the University of Florida said Tuesday that there were 81 unprovoked attacks in 2016, a sharp decrease from the 98 attacks in 2015.