Airs twice a day on weekdays, once during Morning Edition and after the PBS NewsHour on WUFT 89.1 and 90.1
Health in a Heartbeat is a credible source of health information that inspires and informs listeners and satisfies their growing appetite for news they can use. For more than 10 years Health in a Heartbeat has offered a daily dose of medical wisdom.
Produced by the UF Health and WUFT-FM.
- Traditional yoga now comes in new flavors
- Teensy plastic pieces are in your water
- Intense light exposure bolsters heart health
- Erosion of mental acuity in older workers linked to poor health
- Add the flu shot to your to-do list
- Many patients withhold crucial information from doctors
- One-third of Type 1 diabetes cases misdiagnosed in adults
- New health warnings may be headed to cigarette packs
- Scientists create butter-like spread that’s mostly water
- High-fiber diet may combat brain aging
Airs Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
A call-in radio show featuring experts from the UF Veterinary Hospitals speaking on a variety of animal health-related topics. The show, hosted by Dana Hill of WUFT, features UF faculty clinicians, who speak about common veterinary problems in their area of expertise. Listeners can call in to 352-392-8989 with questions related to the topic being discussed.
- Disposing of medications the right way
- Fine-tuning dog collars
- Salt lamps can endanger curious pets
- How to Avoid Dietary Indiscretion in Pets Over the Holidays
- The “why” behind the Coggins test
- As climates warm, risks of zoonotic disease can increase
- Debunking myths about feline nutrition
- “Vaccination Protocols” First Aired on May 19, 2012
- Animal CSI: The Growing Field of Veterinary Forensics
- Shielding horses against mosquito-borne diseases
Airs Fridays at 1:58 p.m.
Step into the world of nanotechnology with Tiny Tech. Tiny Tech is a series of radio modules focusing on the science and engineering of the very small. Each module presents an aspect of nanoscale objects, ranging from the effects of size on chemical and physical properties to new technological applications in fields as diverse as electronic devices and medicine.
Tiny Tech is a production of WUFT-FM with funding provided by the National Science Foundation. Modules are written by faculty and students, who carry out research on the chemistry of nanotechnology at the University of Florida, Johns Hopkins University, the Unversity of Texas, Dallas and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.Listen Now