OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA STUDY
The UF Health Sleep Center is currently seeking participants for a UF Research Study on the effectiveness of a new and noninvasive exercise based treatment for obstructive sleep apnea. Participants will be monitored before and after training with a device that may strengthen breathing muscles, thereby lessening the effects of sleep apnea. You can get more information and register for this study by calling 352-265-5348.
Airs twice a day weekends, once in Morning Edition and after the PBS NewsHour.
Health in a Heartbeat is a credible source of health information that inspires and informs listeners and satisfies their growing appetite for news they can use. For more than 10 years Health in a Heartbeat has offered a daily dose of medical wisdom.
Produced by the UF Health and WUFT-FM.
- Could spider silk weave a solution to better hearing aids? (February 23, 2018)
- Some cancer survivors have PTSD (February 22, 2018)
- Long-term success seen in obesity treatment procedures (February 21, 2018)
- Healthier diet may help ease pain for multiple sclerosis sufferers (February 20, 2018)
- Being married may help block dementia (February 19, 2018)
- Is ‘man flu’ a thing? Researcher says yep (February 16, 2018)
- Loneliness linked to increase social media use (February 15, 2018)
- Job stress strains women’s hearts (February 14, 2018)
- Good mood when getting flu shot may increase vaccine effectiveness (February 13, 2018)
- Your favorite breakfast may be hindering your flu vaccine (February 12, 2018)
Airs Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
A call-in radio show featuring experts from the UF Veterinary Hospitals speaking on a variety of animal health-related topics. The show, hosted by Dana Hill of WUFT, features UF faculty clinicians, who speak about common veterinary problems in their area of expertise. Listeners can call in to 352-392-8989 with questions related to the topic being discussed.
- Keeping outdoor cats comfy in winter (February 02, 2018)
- Taking the bite out of feline fear (February 01, 2018)
- Deer and dogs: a risky business (February 01, 2018)
- Walking the dog (February 01, 2018)
- A financial plan for your pet (February 01, 2018)
- A senior dog’s change of life (February 01, 2018)
- Learning to avoid leptospirosis (February 01, 2018)
- FeLV and the road ahead (February 01, 2018)
- Getting wise to winter hazards (February 01, 2018)
- The opioid crisis in pets (February 01, 2018)