DIABETES RESEARCH STUDY
The Center For Exercise Science at the University of Florida is conducting a research study on exercise and blood vessel health. Participants will receive health tests at no cost and compensation. You must have Type Two Diabetes and be between sixty-five and seventy-nine years old. Call 352-294-1746 for more information on participating in this study.
Airs twice a day weekends, once in Morning Edition and after the PBS NewsHour.
Health in a Heartbeat is a credible source of health information that inspires and informs listeners and satisfies their growing appetite for news they can use. For more than 10 years Health in a Heartbeat has offered a daily dose of medical wisdom.
Produced by the UF Health and WUFT-FM.
- Want to combat dreaded winter weight gain? Get out in the sun. (April 26, 2018)
- Older Americans sicker than their peers around the world (April 25, 2018)
- Raw water: The new health trend you don’t want to try (April 24, 2018)
- Wrinkly when wet (April 23, 2018)
- Federal tax on junk food is feasible, study finds (April 20, 2018)
- Trendy nose rings can pose health risks (April 18, 2018)
- Neighborhoods impact heart health (April 17, 2018)
- The connection between magnesium and sleep (April 16, 2018)
- Secrets to long life revealed, at long last (April 13, 2018)
Airs Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
A call-in radio show featuring experts from the UF Veterinary Hospitals speaking on a variety of animal health-related topics. The show, hosted by Dana Hill of WUFT, features UF faculty clinicians, who speak about common veterinary problems in their area of expertise. Listeners can call in to 352-392-8989 with questions related to the topic being discussed.
- AA Live: “Getting into Veterinary School” (April 20, 2018)
- Keeping outdoor cats comfy in winter (February 02, 2018)
- Taking the bite out of feline fear (February 01, 2018)
- Deer and dogs: a risky business (February 01, 2018)
- Walking the dog (February 01, 2018)
- A financial plan for your pet (February 01, 2018)
- A senior dog’s change of life (February 01, 2018)
- Learning to avoid leptospirosis (February 01, 2018)
- FeLV and the road ahead (February 01, 2018)