Digital/Social Media Comment Guidelines Policy
The University of Florida Division of Media Properties seeks to foster an engaged community built on civility and dialogue. When you comment on wuft.org, WUFT Media or WUFT Classic (or any of the Division’s websites and social media accounts), please be aware of how your comment might be interpreted. Certain issues and news pieces can become heated and controversial; however, moderators will seek to maintain a respectful thread of commentary.
The Division of Media Properties may remove inappropriate posts that include:
- obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or vulgar content
- violates a person’s right to privacy
- violates any local, state, national or international law
- contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- degrades others based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or other classification
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass, or contains derogatory name-calling
- is a duplicate or repost of something you’ve already posted on the site
- contains advertising or solicitation of any kind
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation
- impersonates others
- is in poor taste or is otherwise objectionable.
In addition, everything posted on any of the Division of Media Properties’ Facebook pages (or websites/other digital or social media accounts) will be viewed by the general public and may be broadcast on any of the media platforms operated by the Division of Media Properties.