Tag Archives: mold
A house on Northwest 37th Avenue was set to be demolished by Habitat for Humanity before it was discovered that the residence was infested with mold. With the demolition looming, neighborhood residents have concerns over health issues associated with mold.
After a complaint from a cancer patient, UF Health Shands Hospital has removed mold from three patient rooms in the hospital’s north tower.
Starke Elementary School will reopen March 18th, according to a Bradford County School District press release. The school was closed Aug. 23 after a building health report determined there was a mold problem. Students resumed classes at alternate locations on Sept. 3.
The Alachua County Fire and Rescue Station 19 on Southwest 43rd Street and Southwest 20th Avenue has been closed because of a mold outbreak.
Recycled cardboard boxes have replaced fidgety schoolchildren for now in kindergarten classroom 203 at the vacant Starke Elementary School.