- The lone surviving suspect of the Boston Marathon bombing, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, has been moved out of a civilian hospital and into a military medical detention center.
- Gainesville is in the process of converting a prison into a homeless shelter.
- The Gainesville Police Department has released footage of an unknown black, male suspected of burglary and sexual battery. An investigation has revealed the armed suspect entered a residence on Southwest 10th Street where he sexually assaulted the female resident and then took two Macbook Pro laptops, an iPhone and other items before fleeing the scene.
- The Mississippi River is cresting in Grafton, Ill. after flooding. It reached more than 11 feet above flood stage.
- Hot air balloons are preparing for flight in Louisville, Ky. for the Great Balloon Fest tomorrow. More than two dozen balloons will compete.
A nightclub shooting in Fort Myers has left 17 injured and two dead. That and more in 90 seconds.