- Gainesville police are investigating the Sun Lu Properties manager. She is suspected of taking money from property associations and using it for personal gain.
- The mayor of West, Texas, the site of last week’s fertilizer plant blast, held a town hall meeting Tuesday to answer residents’ questions about their homes.
- U.S. investigators are talking to the parents of the Boston bombing suspects Wednesday.
- The Ladies in White, a Cuban activist group, won the Sakharov Prize Tuesday for their fight for democracy and human rights.
- Human Rights Watch released a report Wednesday, saying the Russian government has conducted the toughest crackdown on dissent since the 1991 Soviet collapse.
Wells Fargo's banking scandal will cost top banking officials tens of millions of dollars. That and more in 90 seconds.