WUFT News

Hearing for Pedro Bravo rescheduled to June 11

By on April 23rd, 2013
Carlos Aguilar Sr., Christian Aguilar's grandfather, drove to Gainesville from South Florida with his family for the hearing of Christian's alleged murderer. He stood outside of the courthouse after the hearing while his son spoke to media representatives.

Stefanie Cainto

Carlos Aguilar Sr., Christian Aguilar's grandfather, drove to Gainesville from South Florida with his family for a hearing for his grandson's alleged murderer. He stood outside the courthouse after the hearing while his son spoke to media representatives.

Carlos Aguilar and his family drove up to Gainesville from South Florida for the fourth time, only to find out the hearing for his son’s alleged murderer would be rescheduled to June 11.

Tuesday’s proceedings lasted no more than 10 minutes and marked the third time the case management hearing has been moved.

“I’m really disappointed that they continue to delay the process,” Aguilar said. “Justice is not being served.”

Pedro Bravo, the 19-year-old charged with Christian Aguilar’s murder, appeared in court 2 p.m. Tuesday. Attorneys were to discuss the status of the current case with the judge and schedule what comes next.

Instead, the state attorney’s office requested the hearing be postponed because the judge overseeing the case will change in May.

Aguilar said every time he and his family come to Gainesville, they relive the memory of his son’s death but will continue to attend every hearing to fight for justice.

“Even if it’s for two minutes, it’s worth it,” he said.

There are seven charges filed against Bravo, including premeditated murder, kidnapping and destroying evidence.

Bravo’s attorney, Michael Ruppert, could not be reached for comment.


This entry was posted in Crime and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
 

More Stories in Crime

Ocala Double Homicide Suspect Dies in Local Hospital

The suspect in a double homicide has died last night, Tuesday. Ricardo De Jesus Barrera was suspected to have shot and killed Bonnie and Julia Motto.


Marion County Teenager Arrested After Shooting Two Men

A Marion County teenager was arrested Thursday in connection with last week’s shooting of two 18-year-old men.


harris_preview

Accusation Dropped in Treon Harris Battery Case; Harris Reinstated

The woman who has accused Florida freshman quarterback Treon Harris of sexual battery has withdrawn her charge. Harris has been allowed to return to all University and University Athletic Association activities, according to statements from the University of Florida and [...]


Treon Harris’s Attorney Releases Statement Regarding Sexual Battery Accusations

UPDATE, 4:10 p.m.: Johnson & Osteryoung, P.A. released a statement Thursday in response to an 18-page redacted statement released by the University of Florida the day before. Treon Harris’ attorney Huntley Johnson said he found the University’s statement was leading to [...]


UF Releases Preliminary Report on the Harris Battery Accusation

The University of Florida released an 18-page redacted incident report this afternoon on the accusations of sexual battery reported earlier this week by Florida freshman quarterback Treon Harris.


Thank you for your support

WUFT depends on the support of our community — people like you — to help us continue to provide quality programming to North Central Florida.
Become a Sustainer
I want to support FM 89.1/NPR
I want to support Florida's 5/PBS
Donate a Vehicle
Day Sponsorship Payments
Underwriting Payments