- A team of UF students and faculty won the EPA’s national Campus Rainworks Challenge Monday morning. The team beat 100 groups with their innovative plan for stormwater circulation improvements to the Reitz Union North Lawn.
- Parts of Eastern Missouri are flooded today after heavy rains washed over St. Louis and created flash floods that are still creating blocked roads.
- Five people have died in Arizona after a Chevy Tahoe carrying 20 passengers rolled over. Border Patrol tried to stop the vehicle prior to its rollover for unknown reasons.
- A new study suggests that nearly 75 percent of women with ovarian cancer are not receiving the best care, which is causing more re-occurrence and death. Experts say this may be because women seek care from general surgeons and oncologists instead of specialists.
- The World Health Organization said today limited transmission of a human-to-human bird flu strain may exist. Chinese authorities say two more have died from the H7-N9 strain, bringing the total deaths to 20.
Tags Reitz Union
Toyota recalls 5.8 million cars because of faulty airbag inflators. That and more in 90 seconds.