- More Gainesville residents participated in early voting for the mayoral run-off election than during the first mayoral election in March. Polls close at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
- Carnival Corp. has announced it will voluntarily pay the government back the $4.1 million dollars needed to assist two of the company’s disabled ships.
- Tuesday marks the six-year anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings that left 32 people dead. Family and friends will meet outside of the U.S. Capitol to remember the victims.
- Countries across the globe are offering their condolences after the Boston Marathon explosions that left three dead. A makeshift memorial was built outside of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow.
- In the largest campaign to date, hundreds of experts have set up cameras in the forest of southern Nepal to help identify the area’s tiger population.
A photo has been released of the two-year-old boy that was killed in a Florida alligator attack. That and more in 90 seconds.