- Tuesday is the mayoral election runoff between incumbent Craig Lowe and Ed Braddy. Early voting ended Sunday.
- Gas prices decreased by six cents last week. Prices are expected to keep dropping this week.
- On Friday, Gov. Rick Scott honored Tim Tebow as a “Great Floridian.” The award has gone to people who have made significant contributions to progress in the state.
- A shooting this weekend at a North Carolina university campus is being investigated. The victim was hospitalized and has been released. No arrests have been made so far.
- Nicolas Maduro, the handpicked successor of Hugo Chavez, won the presidential election in Venezuela on Sunday.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office is still searching for two suspects who robbed a local Sprint Store. That and more in 90 seconds.