- Gainesville police are investigating an armed burglary and sexual battery at a home in the 400 block of Southwest 10th Street that occurred around 4 a.m. Monday. After sexually assaulting the female resident, the burglar took two MacBook Pros, an iPhone and other personal items.
- United Way is hosting a tax giveaway event during its free tax preparation for low-income families. The event will be held at the United Way office at 6031 NW First Place from 6-9 p.m. Monday.
- A Port Canaveral police officer, Sgt. Ron King, has been fired after supervisors found he made shooting targets resembling Trayvon Martin. King also served as a firearms instructor with the police department.
- A new study reveals doctors are prescribing antibiotics to four out of five Americans every year. Antibiotics are being overused and losing their strength, making infections harder to treat.
- Due to increasing nuclear tensions with North Korea, 200 U.S. and Philippine Marines staged a joint simulated raid on a beach in the South China Sea on Monday.
The city of Gainesville will remove the criminal condition history check box from its city employment application. That and more in 90 seconds.