- Gainesville Police arrested Rudolph Van Smith in connection with a house burglary.
- Florida agriculture officials met in Gainesville on Wednesday to review the progress made to eradicate the giant African land snail from Miami-Dade County. The snail eats 500 types of plants and causes structural damage to plaster and stucco.
- President Obama sent his 2014 federal budget to Congress on Wednesday. The plan includes cuts to Social Security and Medicare and tax increases for the wealthy.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell asked the FBI to investigate who made a secret recording of a February strategy session at his campaign headquarters.
- South Korea’s government said a North Korean missile launch is highly likely. It’s believed that North Korea will launch the missile on April 15, marking North Korean founder Kim Il Sung’s birthday.
Rescue efforts continue after deadly earthquake in Ecuador. That and more in 90 seconds.